Renters Insurance

Renters Insurance Coverage

Our renters insurance provides coverage for your personal contents as well as personal liability coverage. What does this mean for you? It means that not only is all of your stuff covered from a variety of covered perils, but we also help provide protection for you in case there is an accident at your place. It all adds up to helping you stay worry free while renting. Our renters insurance also includes coverage for additional living expenses, so we can help out if your rental house or apartment is temporarily unfit to live in and you need to go somewhere else. We provide protection against the following perils:

  • Fire & lightning
  • Wind & hail
  • Explosion
  • Riot or civil commotion
  • Aircraft
  • Vehicle
  • Smoke
  • Volcanic eruption
  • Vandalism
  • Theft
  • Falling objects
  • Weight of ice, sleet, or snow
  • Cracking, burning, or bulging of a heating or cooling system
  • Overflow of water or steam
  • Freezing
  • Artificially generated electrical currents
  • Sinkhole collapse
  • Refrigerated food spoilage
In addition, you can add our Home Systems Protection coverage to cover any electronics you have or any appliances that you personally own. This coverage protects electronics and appliances from mechanical breakdown and electronic circuit impairment. Read more about Home Systems Protection here! Note that this coverage only covers your personal property. The apartment interior itself, as well as any appliances, furniture, or other property owned by your landlord, is covered under your landlord’s insurance policy. 

Find an Agent

Looking for renters insurance coverage? Find an agent and get a quote today!

Submit a Claim

Have a claim on your renters insurance?

Click here to submit your claim!


The policy information given on this page is a summary containing basic information of  renters policy information offered by Farmers Mutual Insurance Company of Nodaway County. These details are not exhaustive or comprehensive. Please consult your individual policy documents for a complete description of your coverage types, levels, and policy conditions. 

Skip to content